Thursday 29 September 2011

Further Artist Promotion

As Katy and I have started developing idea's of marketing, promotion and how we're going to apply that to Eve T we're learning more about the right look for Eve in the video - so we get a further understanding of artist presentation. We've come up with a list of promotion techniques that we are planning to do. One of which is a flyer. This idea has come from what we've seen at festivals, gigs etc.. People hand out a flyer with the artist on it, stating a time of when and where they are playing in order to get more people going. My idea for this is to create a flyer about a gig Eve is doing in the Leicester O2 academy. Flyer's will be handed out to people queuing when seeing an artist or band to make them buy tickets to see my artist later on in the week/month.


When creating the flyer it helped me get an idea of how advertisements work, i.e. catchy font, the catchy writing and more importantly the picture. This will help me later on when I come to create the digi pack, poster and website. One thing you must avoid is the common response of people dropping the flyers straight onto the floor. I used a close up of Eve so it's the first thing to look at. However when positioning the writing I felt that it didn't work and didn't come across appealing. At first I considered changing the font, however, I then flipped the image which brought upon a more direct eye contact effect which in turn - is more appealing. I then went on to researching what information is included on flyers and what it is that will make people want to come and see her. The first two lines beneath the 'Eve T' are the phrases that act as the 'persuasion' in the flyer. Therefore I positioned them in the order of how you would read the flyer - to produce effective advertising. 



Eve T Flyer


Below are the print outs of the flyer, that would be put around the area and also handed out.
and again below..
...our flyers spreading like wildfire. 



1 comment:

  1. Yeah man, every artist needs certain level of support from promotion. No matter how big the artist is!

    ReplyDelete