Saturday 22 October 2011

The Label

Through researching some CD covers I’ve taken note of what particular ‘small print’ writing is put on them (seen in picture below). This I then included on my drafts to add to the realism and professionalism of the digipacks. With this I then created my own names of a producer of the Album and a publisher. This will be included on my final digipacks.
When designing the logo I considered key colours that reflect an established business and connotate things such as importance/status, professionalism and I also want them to be renowned for being a high quality label. On the producer label I chose a block font, that reflects music – through the filled in circles signifying CD’s, vinyl’s etc and with this I used a gold colour as that initiates the idea of ‘being the best’.
With the publisher design I felt it wasn’t as big as the actual record label therefore their design can be a slightly more subtle. I used a simple colour grey that reflects the typical business, simple design. I felt this worked for a less established business as it keeps the professionalism theme and doesn’t reflect any other unnecessary connotations. Therefore I’ve kept it plain and simple.


PRODUCER - Republic Records (sound)


PUBLISHER - Collection Music 



No comments:

Post a Comment